The General Data Protection Regulation is a piece of EU-wide legislation which determines how personal data is processed and kept safe and the legal rights individuals have in relation to their own data. As public organisations, schools are required to comply.
At Ponsbourne St. Mary's C of E Primary School, we have:
- Received training regarding GDPR
- Made everyone in school aware of GDPR including governors and appointed a DPO
- Begun reviewing all of our data and documents.
- Updated our Data Protection Policy
- Provided parents / carers with privacy notices for their data as well as for pupils.
We already highly value and protect all of our student, parent and staff data and will continue to do so in the presence of GDPR.
For further information about GDPR please visit the ICO website.
Our Data Protection Officer is: Carole Connelly.
Any Subject Access Rquests (SAR) or Freedom of Information requests (FOI) should be made using the following email address:
Data Protection Policy